Sunday, February 28, 2010

Paris, the short list



I recently just got back from one of my favorites cities, Paris!
Everyone has their own list of amazing shops, cafes and brasseries. We'll here are a few of my favorites!

ARRIVE:
Paris has two airports, Charles de Gaulle (CDG) and Orly. Most overseas flights arrive at CDG. There are many bus and public transit links to both of these airports, but for something a bit more seamless I would recommend Company Shuttle. Their service is very reasonable with professional and punctual staff.



ST
AY: This trip I wanted to feel like I was not only visiting but living in Paris. Like many before me I have discovered that renting an apartment is a great way to experience Parisian life. With so many options I finally settled on renting a fantastic little place in my favorite area the 3rd arrondissement. Isabelle's apartments are charming and she has variety of locations across the city. Each are cozy and well appointed. Because you deal with Isabelle directly you get very personalized service.



EAT:
Macarons! I could eat these all day. There are many options throughout the city, but I really love the ones from Pierre Hermé



L'As du Fallafel, 34 Rue des Rosiers Not your typical French cuisine, but once you taste one of these fallafels you will be hooked!



SHOPPING:
Frip'irium - 2, Rue de la Verrerie, Le Marais, has a fantastic selection of vintage men and woman's couture.



For more vintage, you cannot beat Vintage Bar, 16 Rue de la Verrerie which has a fantastic variety of woman's shoes and accessories...this place is packed to the rafters, so those with an editing eye will do best here!



Foodies will love a visit to the food halls at Galleries Lafayette or Printemps



Another great shop is Premiere Pression Provence. They have a wonderful selection of olive oils, all of which hail from Provence.



Who can visit Paris without tasting some chocolate? One of my favorites is Cacao et Chocolat.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Welcome back Daniel! Next time I'm in the city of lights I'm hitting each and every last one of these places!

Post a Comment